150g Frozen peas
150g Courgette, diced into 1 cm cubes
3 Tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
284ml Pot double cream
4 Spring onions, finely sliced
200g Mild goat's cheese, crumbled
1 Pack of Genius Shortcrust Pastry - defrosted
1. Start by heating the oven to 200C/fan. Then roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and line a loose bottomed quiche tin. Use some greaseproof paper to line the quiche tin and add some rice, bake the pastry for around 20 minutes until the pastry has set and take the paper and rice out. Put the dish back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
2. Take the pastry out of the oven and cook the peas in boiling water for around 2 minutes. Once cooked, drain them and refresh under cold water. Using a blender, purée the peas with half of the olive oil, stir in the chopped mint and season. Saute the courgettes with the remaining olive oil and season with with salt and black pepper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the cream, stir in the pea mixture and season again with salt and pepper.
4. Add the courgette to the pastry base, pour over the egg and pea custard and then scatter the goat’s cheese and sliced spring onion over the quiche.
5. Bake the quiche for around 20-25 minutes until it is set and golden brown. Then, leave it to cool in the quiche dish and cut into slices to serve.