1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Cup Quinoa
1 Cup water
1 ½ Cups coconut milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extra
Pinch of salt
1. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat, add the quinoa an toast for around 3-4 minutes.
2. Pour in the water and 1 cup of milk and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce until it starts to simmer, cover the pan and cook this for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and keep over a medium heat. Then stir in a third to half a cup of coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and the salt.
5. Let it cook until it has thickened and serve.